Debating on whether to move to Maui? Well read on, because this is one of those celebratory blogs where we just have to share our appreciation for the island of Maui. Some of our reasons for loving it out here will probably be obvious to you, but there might be some you hadn't considered much, so here goes!
1. The People! Maui attracts all types of people from all walks of life, but the thing most have in common is warmth and friendliness. Maybe the residents of Maui just tend to have friendly personalities, or it could be that it's hard to have a bad mood when you live here!
2. Sunsets! We're sure you guessed this one, but really, the way the sky is lit up in the evenings with flaming arcs of brilliant color is breathtaking and unparalleled. It's just one aspect of the scenic lure of Maui, which draws artists from all over the world to experience a level of inspiration that's hard to find.
3. The Beaches! The ocean is beautiful, the reefs are teeming with life, we have turtles, dolphins, and humpback whales half the year. What's not to adore? Whether you prefer to sunbathe on the tranquil beaches, or swim, or snorkel, scuba or paddle, there are so many ways to enjoy the waters off Maui.
4. Surfing! This deserves a category on its own. We have Ho'okipa, a popular surf spot, and Jaws, a world renown big wave spot where surfers break records on monster swells that inspire awe in every onlooker. Maui is also widely considered the windsurfing capital of the world, and kite surfing is also booming. It's a major cultural influence here.
5. Hawaiiana! On the subject of culture, our Hawaiian cuisine is amazing, and has served as a major inspiration for master chefs the world over. Hawaiian chant, music and Hula offers a unique beauty that acts as a cornerstone for life on Maui. If you took those incredible arts away, it just wouldn't be Maui anymore. The relationship between the culture and the wonderful natural environment are inextricably entwined, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
If you've read all of this and you're still not sure if you want to move here, perhaps a part-time residence would be appealing to you. There are time intervals, and there's also the option of a second Maui home or condo, which you could use as a vacation rental for part of the year. Whether you decide to live here full-time or part-time, we're sure you'll love it as much as we do! Tune in next week for the second half of our list!
By Bob Cartwright
According to a report by Hospitality Advisors LLC and Smith Travel Research, the state of Hawaii was second after Singapore in hotel occupancy, room rates and revenue for the first half of the year. This global analysis was specific to the island and sun destination market.… Continue Reading
If you read our blog last week, you saw our first five reasons to live on Maui, for those who are debating whether to move to the island or plunge into a Maui real estate purchase. Here is the second half… Continue Reading
Debating on whether to move to Maui? Well read on, because this is one of those celebratory blogs where we just have to share our appreciation for the island of Maui. Some of our reasons for loving it out here will… Continue Reading