The best way to experience an island paradise is by getting out into nature. On the island of Maui in particular there are some amazing hikes to enjoy. From Hana to Lahaina, you’re never far from some incredible places to explore.
So if you’re considering moving to Maui and buying a home, you can look forward to getting outside and enjoying the great outdoors and all the great adventure it has to offer! Here are a few of the best hiking spots that we recommend.
- Pipiwai Trail: Located in the much sought-after Road to Hana in the Haleakala National Park you will find the Pipiwai Trail. Known to some as the Seven Sacred Pools or the pools of Oheo Gulch, you will enjoy some of the top beauty that Maui has to offer. It’s like heaven on earth, truly.
- Kapalua Coastal Trails: Along the island’s west side is a series of secluded trails that oversee the west side area of Kapalua with views that extend towards Molokai and Lanai. Immerse yourself in the forest and feel like you’ve truly escaped during a hike along the Kapalua Walking Trails. There’s also a duck pond so there’s that to look forward to at the end!
- Iao Valley: Iao Valley State Park is always attracting mother nature lovers for its river, unique land formations, and native Hawaiian plant life. It is a historic park in Hawaiian culture and is famous for a battle that united the Hawaiian Islands under King Kamehameha I rule. The Iao Needle is possibly the most popularly recognized landmark.
- Waihee Ridge Trail: If you have a high level of skill for hiking, then the Waihee Ridge Trail is the place for you. Throughout the hike, there will be an uphill climb to see an incredible panoramic view of the island’s central hub of Kahului.
- Hosmer Grove Loop Trail: This former commercial forestry area with 86 different kinds of trees is a great hike for all ages and skillsets. It’s located in the Haleakala State Park and includes 20 different types of trees.
That’s our list of the top 5 best hikes on Maui. If you’re interested in seeing the top homes on Maui, we can help you there too. Simply spend some time looking at the various properties for sale we have featured. When you see one that you like, make sure to contact us by giving us a call and one of our agents will be able to help you. See you on the trails!